The side effects of CBD oil
There are more and more people in our country who CBD oil use. The reason for this is simple, it can solve a lot of complaints. For example, CBD oil may help to counteract the symptoms of rheumatism. If you use CBD oil yourself, it is important that you are aware of the side effects of this product. In this article we have listed these side effects a little better, so you know what to expect.
CBD oil, what is it exactly?
Before we discuss the disadvantages and side effects, it is useful to consider the oil itself. What exactly is the drug? The abbreviation CBD stands for Cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is a chemical in the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as marijuana or hemp. More than 80 chemicals, known as cannabinoids, can be found in the Cannabis sativa plant. While delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main active ingredient in marijuana, cannabidiol is also obtained from hemp. This contains only very small amounts of THC. Cannabidiol is most commonly used for a seizure disorder (epilepsy). It is also used for anxiety or pain relief. We sell 100% organic CBD oil, check out our CBD Crystals.
How Does It Work?
Cannabidiol has effects on the brain. The exact effect of these effects is not clear. However, cannabidiol does seem to prevent the breakdown of a brain chemical that affects pain, mood and mental function. Preventing the breakdown of this chemical and raising its levels in the blood appears to reduce psychotic symptoms associated with conditions such as schizophrenia. Cannabidiol can also block some of the psychoactive effects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabidiol also appears to reduce pain and anxiety.
Side effects at high doses
Since we have no clinical evidence in favor of CBD, we also have no clinical evidence against CBD. The few clinical studies conducted did not reveal any convincing serious side effects. The most comprehensive results available are based on Epidiolex. This is an FDA approved CBD drug for childhood epilepsy. During the clinical studies, adolescents between the ages of 2 and 18 were prescribed high daily doses of CBD for 14 weeks. The daily doses equated to 1.360 mg for a 150-pound adult - more than usual in a whole bottle of CBD oil. The following side effects were noted:
- Decreased appetite
- Stomach and intestinal complaints
- Altered liver enzymes
In most patients, these side effects occurred in the first weeks when they increased their dose rapidly. Symptoms usually resolved after their dosage stabilized. Lowering the dose was an effective way to reduce unwanted side effects. If you experience any of these side effects for your current CBD product yourself, you could wait a week, lower your dose, or try another type of product to get rid of it. If you are experimenting with high doses of CBD, we recommend that you read more about what scientists think of the product. This will give you a better idea of what exactly to expect when using the product.
Side effects of fake CBD products
Clinical studies give patients high-quality CBD products that contain a reliable amount of CBD. These are the side effects that you can expect from a high dose of almost any drug or agent. However, due to the unregulated market, there is a high chance that you will buy CBD from dishonest or potentially unsafe manufacturers. This ensures that you will experience completely different side effects. These unreliable products can include the following substances:
- Pesticides and heavy metals from bad farming practices
- High THC levels (more than desired)
- Synthetic cannabinoids
- All types of contaminants (mold, bacteria, rancidity, etc.)
Sometimes CBD products do not contain CBB at all. In that case you will experience no effects, neither positive nor negative. Real CBD products are made from hemp plants unless they are removed during extraction. If a product contains high levels of THC, you can experience side effects such as dry mouth, hunger or altered mood and thinking. While it's hard to imagine experiencing all of the side effects, the worst long-term effects of fake CBD products can actually cause damage to the body. If you are concerned about the reliability of your current CBD products, we recommend that you get rid of them and buy good ones. CBD oil is a concentrated vegetable extract that ends up in your body, you only want the best quality for this product.
When to pay attention with CBD oil
Although the CBD is considered safe by the WHO and other health organizations, not enough experiments have been done to determine that the drug is really completely safe. You should be careful with CBD oil if one of the following situations occurs:
- You are on prescription drugs. Pharmaceutical drugs are processed by the body in different ways. Some are less effective after processing, while others are not effective until after processing. As with grapefruits, CBD can occupy enzymes (cytochrome p450) that your body uses to process certain pharmaceutical drugs. Taking CBD in addition to these pharmaceuticals can pose a health risk by increasing the level of these drugs in your bloodstream.
- You have problems with your liver. This warning is speculative, but people with liver problems may need to be careful with CBD oil. During the clinical study of Epidiolex, children taking CBD were more likely to have elevated liver enzymes (ALT and AST aminotransferases). It is not clear at this point whether CBD directly affects the liver. However, we recommend to put it on safely and to ignore the CBD oil if you already have problems with your kidneys. This way you avoid possible problems with use later.